Membership Benefits Provided by the Fund:
Benefits Provided through Service Providers:
To reap the rewards of the South African Air Force
Sign Up NOW!!!
Free or Half Tariff Accommodation (members and
Fifty-two weeks Air Force Fund holiday
accommodation (out of season) are made available from 1st
January to 31 December each year to selected Air Force Bases and
Units for allocation to regular force, reserve force members and
SA Air Force Public Service appointed personnel who excel in
their work related tasks.
All regular force, reserve force and PSAP members
of the South African Air Force are eligible to participate in
the scheme. Air Force Fund member's accommodation is absolutely
free but non-members must pay half of the standard fee.
Bases/units identify the qualifying member and
issue him/her with a letter of award. The award winner must
contact the Air Force Fund personally to arrange accommodation.
(Please Note: Members will personally be liable for any
loss or damage at the holiday unit.)
The awards may not be discounted for cash or sold
or transferred to another person or carried over to the
following year. Members who book the accommodation and do not
make use of it will be liable for the full accommodation fee for
the period. The SAAF Fund owned Kruger Park Lodge, Castleburn
and timeshare weeks are excluded from this ruling.
Bases/units must promote the Air Force Fund's image
during the handing over of the awards.
The Fund provides money on an annual basis as a
study grant to dependant children of beneficiaries of the Fund
to study at accredited institutions for post-school education.
Grants will be awarded on the achievement of the student during
the previous year of study. The candidates must be dependants as
defined in chapter v
of the General Regulations of the South African Defense Force and
the Reserve. The value, number and criteria of the grants to be
awarded must be decided at a meeting of the Board of Trustees of
the Fund during the meeting of the Board in the preceding August
each year. Applications for study grants to reach the Fund not
later than 31 January of the year of study. Applicants will be
advised of the results of the applications during February of
the year of study. Application Forms are available at your Unit
SAAF Fund representative or at the SAAF Fund office.
Contributing Regular Force Members, Public Service
Act Personnel and Reserve Force members who are members of the
Fund serving in the Department of Defense who exit the service
on the following grounds below will be granted a gratuity of 1%
of their basic pensionable salary calculated at a ratio between
number of years of actual contribution divided by number of
years of potential contribution since 1 August 1980, this being
the date of the establishment of the SAAF Fund.
- Retirement meaning 60 years for members of the
Regular Force and 65 years for members of the Reserve Force.
- Termination of Service due to the following
Member's resignations from the SAAF.
Termination of any fixed contract.
Due to medical or psychological reasons.
Due to member's post being abolished.
To promote efficiency or increased cost effectiveness in the SAAF
for example Retrenchment, Mobility Exit Mechanism etc.
Member's who exit the service must inform the Fund as soon as possible and members must submit the following documentation:
a. Termination of Service with DOD Authority.
b. Last pay sheet.
Free Group Life Assurance
Every contributing beneficiary of the Fund enjoys
free group life assurance to the amount of R30 000-00 whilst
he/she is in the service of the South African Air Force or the
Department of Defense. In the event of a claim the proceeds of
the assurance may be paid directly to widow/widower or to the
heir nominated in a will if the will is not contested. If any
doubt exists as to the identification of the rightful heir a
letter of authority must be obtained from the Master of the High
Court or a magistrate or the proceeds of the assurance must be
forwarded to the executor of the estate as soon as an executor
has been appointed. In the event of a claim the following
documents must be submitted to the Fund by the relevant
An original certified copy of the death
A certified copy of the last will and testament
of the deceased or a letter from the Master of the High
Court or Magistrate office as to the disposal of the assets.
Last available pay sheet.
Certified copy of the deceased's identification
In the event of a claim the widow/widower or
the heir nominated in the will must proceed with the claim
immediately after death. The insurers require that claims be
submitted within 30 days after the date of death.
In the event where a death certificate is not
immediately available and the officer commanding of the
base/unit has issued a certificate certifying that the
member is deceased the officer commanding must also
undertake to reimburse the Fund in the event of an incorrect
or fraudulent payment occurring at the base/unit.
Financial Assistance for Members playing sport
for South Africa
The Air Force Fund provides financial assistance to
members of the Fund who represent the RSA locally and abroad in
sport. The criteria and guidelines regarding the allocation are
- The applicant must be a member of the Air Force
- The member must represent the RSA at
international or provincial level.
- Participation can be individually or as a
member of a team.
- The competition may take place in the RSA or
- Every application will be considered on its
- Grants will be made in accordance with the
member's requirements and sponsorships negotiated by the member.
- All applications must be fully motivated,
recommended by the base/unit sport officer and officer
commanding and include an income and expenditure statement and
submitted to DHRD (SSO PSTR)
- If the member's income from sponsorships
exceeds his expenditure the application must be referred back to
the Fund for reconsideration of the Fund's contribution.
- The member must be a sport administrator at
No limitation is placed on the number of times that
a member may apply for financial assistance from the Fund.
Free Membership to the Linric Club
The Linric Holiday and Travel Club offers fantastic
discounted holidays, accommodation, travel and convenient
special services. Membership is free to all paying members of
the Air Force Fund. Retired members pay R79-00
per annum to retain their membership of the holiday and travel
club. Book now & save up to 50% off on...
Accommodation & holiday venues
- A choice of over 700 facilities countrywide.
- Several hotels & lodges in Zimbabwe, Botswana,
Malawi & Zambia
- Up to 20% off at Caraville facilities
- Timeshare resort holiday specials - Low Season
- Forever Aventura Resorts discounts of 50%
during low & 20% during peak periods.
- Discounts all year at many facilities.
Travel Smart Transport offers
- 10% Discount on Greyhound bus liner
- 10% Discount on Intercape & Luxliner
- Save 10% on Spoornet train travel
- Low domestic airfare offers.
- Local car hire daily specials with Tempest &
- Car rental specials in Namibia with unlimited
- KFA camper. 4x4 and double cab rental specials
- 7% Discount on Starlight Cruises
- 10% Tour & Safari discounts
- 20% off luxury Rovos Rail train tours
- Forever Resorts Badplaas, Loskopdam +
Warmbaths. All weekends 20% less for club members
- Accommodation "finders" service
- FREE membership for parents
- FREE product information/find service
- FREE junkmail advertising
- Unlimited Club reservations
- FREE bus and train booking service
- FREE product info service
Contact telephone number: (011) 974-2626
Loans to SA Air Force Bases/Units
Loans may be granted to South African Air Force
Bases and Units to provide facilities for the benefit of the
members of the base or unit, which cannot be provided by the
State. The management of the Air Force Fund will determine the
loan repayment period and interest rate.
Affordable Advances and Term Loans
An agreement has been concluded with SWU Credit
Solutions. (Pty) Ltd for Air Force Fund members to obtain
affordable advances from R300-00 to R2 000-00 and term loans
from R1 000-00 to R10 000-00 provided that the member meets the
qualifying criteria given by government. For more details
contact the Air Force Fund office at (012) 312-2281 or fax (012)
325-6078 or Air Force Fund unit representatives.
The under mentioned Air Force Fund accredited
companies/organizations, with which the Air Force Fund has an
agreement, offer Air Force Fund members group schemes, family
insurance schemes and burial insurance schemes investment advice
at reasonable rates:
Metropolitan Group Schemes
Old Mutual Personal Finance
Old Mutual Group Schemes
(012) 366 3705
(011) 359 7869
Specifically nominated insurance/financial advisors
have been selected to service the various Air Force Units. They
have been issued with SAAF Fund marketing permits and access
permits are issued by the Base/Unit.
Contact the Air Force Fund for further information
on these Air Force Fund accredited companies.
Rebate on Property Transfer of Property Bonds -
The Air Force Fund has entered into an
agreement with Woodpecker Financial Service mainly to assist
members in the purchasing of a house, which would probably be
the most important investment a person could make. As a member
of the Air Force Fund, you are entitled to various benefits when
buying a property. Woodpecker, as a service provider of the Air
Force Fund, will arrange your bond on your behalf, negotiate the
best possible interest rate at the bank for you, as well as link
you up with reputable estate agents. Members may view
repossessed property on their website or advertise your property
for sale on it. Their lawyers are on the panels of all the
banks. Woodpecker also handles the transport and registration of
your bond, provide advice on all kinds of insurance, all under
one roof - A
NATIONWIDE SERVICE, FREE OF CHARGE
In order for Woodpecker to render a speedy service,
please contact Ferdie de Klerk at
- Tel : (012) 654-6133,
- Cell : 082 446 2930,
- Fax: (012) 654 6186,
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fund has invested in 23 holiday apartments, 52 syndication weeks and 27 timeshare weeks. Members of the Fund now have the opportunity of going on holiday making use of some of the best holiday accommodation available in South Africa at affordable rates. A full list of accommodation facilities are attached as appendix A
SEASON DATES AND RATES
The RCI Directory of Resorts and calendar indicating the various seasons will be used by the Fund as a guide when bookings are made. High Peak season indicates very high demand followed by Peak Season. White and Blue season indicating lower demand. Minimal annual increases in rates can be expected. A calendar indicating the seasons is attached as appendix B
HOLIDAY SEASONS AND DATES
SEASON DATES SEASONS
ALLOCATION OF HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
- For Fund self catering holiday flats/apartments during high peak season (HPS) i.e. School Holidays the allocation will be done by a sub committee existing of the Board of Trustee members, the Manager and Fund office personnel.
High Peak Season (HPS):
- Syndication and Timeshare weeks that fall in HPS weeks will be allocated by the committee in the same way as for the Fund holiday apartments.
Peak Season (PS) and Low Season (LS): PS and LS weeks will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
WHEN AND HOW TO MAKE HOLIDAY BOOKINGS
- Bookings open on the first working day in October of each year for the following year beginning after December January school holidays.
- For HPS applications forms are completed and members have until the last day of October to submit the form to the Fund office. - LS and PS bookings are done on a first come first serve basis. Fund telephones lines are open and manned on the first working day in October taking calls from members of outside Basis/Units. The date of the call is recorded, the booking is made immediately giving the member who phoned the same chance as the member who makes his booking at the Fund Office. an Application Form is available on the website.
Weekends are considered PS time.
CONDITIONS FOR THE UTILIZATION OF SA AIR FORCE FUND HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
- Payment: A deposit of 20% of the total accommodation fee is payable on reservation of SAAF Fund apartments and the balance one month prior to the commencement of the holiday. A deposit of 50% is payable for the Timeshare weeks, on reservations and the outstanding amount is payable, 3 months before the holiday.
- Cancellation of the SAAF Fund apartments more than 2 months before the holiday the deposit of 50% is refundable. Cancellation less than 2 months before the holiday the deposit less 80% is refundable on condition that the flat can be relent, or else the member will be liable for the total rent.
- Bookings are not transferable.
Only beneficiaries of the Fund may utilize the accommodation. No family members/friends of the beneficiaries may occupy the accommodation without the presence of the Fund member.
- Beneficiaries, who book accommodation and allow a person or persons who are not members of the Fund to occupy such accommodation contrary to the provisions of the above paragraph will have their bookings cancelled immediately (even whilst in occupation) if it becomes evident that the bookings were made on behalf of non beneficiaries. No rent that has been paid will be refunded.
- Strictly No pets allowed. Members may be told to vacate the premises should they ignore this rule.
Members must produce an ID document and confirmation of reservation certificate to the caretaker on arrival to ensure entry to the accommodation.
The Fund reserves the right to alter tariffs. Members have to acknowledge that they have read and understood the above conditions and that they will observe them. Please comply to the house rules.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKINGS
Before departing the holiday destination members must ensure that they have a Confirmation of Booking form. When arriving at the destination this form together with the members ID should be presented on request. Timeshare confirmation of the reservation is issued by the Holiday Resort to the Fund. This form must also be presented on request.
SECTIONAL TITLE BASIC HOLIDAY RULES
We appeal to all SAAF Fund members to practice tolerance and be sensitive to the needs of others, thereby contributing to an enjoyable holiday for all. Those on holiday must also realize that there are permanent residents at all resorts where the Fund owns its apartments.